Since Taiwan society is faced with the problem of an aging population and the low birth rate, the demand of long-term care services and products has gradually increased.
The commercial long-term care insurance provides an alternative way to mitigate the possible dangerous situation for disable persons. There are eight life insurance companies to sell a commercial long-term care insurance in the end of 2010.However, only 1.4 percent of the people in Taiwan have bought the commercial long-term care insurance. That is to say, the purchase rate of the commercial long-term care product is very low, which indicates that the people in Taiwan have less awareness for for long-term care risk.
This study conduct a questionnaire survey to investigate the relationship among the life expectancy, risk attitude and the demand for the commercial long-term care insurance By descriptive statistics, One-Way ANOVA and chi-square test for the subjects, the empirical results have shown as follows.
1. People although a young man can afford to buy, but lack of awareness of long-term care risk. Until the age a little longer there are interested in purchasing, but the premiums are too expensive, cause people long-term care insurance for low degree.
2. Commercial long-term care insurance compared to the general medical insurance to use fewer opportunities, but their premiums higher, thus affecting the general population insured wishes.
3. State of determined long-term care is not easy, leading to the low level of purchase intention.
4. Compared with other insurance, commercial long-term care insurance products more complex, affecting the will of the salesmen sell.
5. Have purchased the business long-term care insurance people, mostly high probability of conscious escape from danger, and thus the problem of adverse selection.