Items with full text/Total items : 51896/87052 (60%)
Visitors : 8465982
Online Users : 114
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||A study on the development of education for tourism and its strategies of recruiting students in the universities in Taiwan|
|Authors: ||黃郁婷;Huang, Yu-Ting|
|Keywords: ||觀光教育發展;招生策略;觀光休憩;The strategies of recruiting students;The development of tourism related education in universities;Tourism|
|Issue Date: ||2013-04-13 10:38:42 (UTC+8)|
This study mainly, via adopting the methods of document analysis and interview, aims to explore the development of tourism education in universities in Taiwan and to analyze their methods of recruiting students in these departments. In order to understand the detailed strategies of recruiting students in the tourism related department, four universities, e.g. National Quemoy University, Chinese Culture University, Hsing Wu University and National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism, are chosen as samples for this study.
The main purposes of this study include:
1. To understand the development of tourism related education in universities in Taiwan.
2. To explore the crisis faced by the tourism related departments in different types of higher education institutions.
3. To understand the strategies of recruiting students in the relate departments in the four universities chosen.
4. Based on the research findings, to propose suggestions to the related bodies for the reference of reform in the future.
The main conclusions of this study are :
1. Influenced by the economic development and the expansion of services business, tourism related education are provided not only in the sector of technological universities, but also in the sector of general universities in Taiwan.
2.The focuses of tourism related education in general universities and technological universities are different, the former put more emphasis on theoretical studies, and the latter, on the field experiences.
3. There are similarities in the development of the tourism related education among four universities chosen, but each of them has also developed their own characteristics, and
their own unique strategies of recruiting students.
4. The decline of birth rate in recent years in Taiwan has resulted in the common difficulties of the recruitment of students in all of the four universities chosen.
|Appears in Collections:||[教育政策與領導研究所] 學位論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.