|摘要: ||面對快速變動的時代，台灣的孩子在競爭激烈的環境中要如何勝出？除了要培養孩子積極主動學習的態度之外，更要擁有責任感，以及善於與人溝通、團隊合作的人際關係能力。是的，「能與他人合作」就是未來的關鍵能力之一! 另外大家所日益重視的英語能力則是另一項加分的利器，而在國小教學現場，英語繪本是很常使用的教材之一。研究者認為，合作學習能提昇學習能力與學習態度，而英語繪本兼具趣味與知識，若能將兩者加以結合且針對學習對象特質將學習策略加以巧妙運用，相信這樣的課程將更為精彩！|
How can children in Taiwan stand out from the highly competitive environment and the rapidly changing time? To do so, they, in additon to active learning attitude, must have responsibility and interpersonal abilities to communicate and cooperate with others. Indeed, “the ability to cooperate with others” is one of the key competences in the future.On the other hand, English competency is also well recognized as a plus to one’s ability and in English classrooms of elementary schools, pictures books are one of the most frequently used materials. The author of this research believes cooperative learning promotes learning abilities and positive attitude, and English picture books are interesting as well as instructive. The curriculum will enhance learning if teachers combine both and apply learning strategies according to learners’ characteristics.
This research aimed to design a curriculum which integrated cooperative learning strategies into English picture books teaching. This study was an action research, carried out from February 2011 to April 2011. A total of 8 fourth graders in an elementary school participated in this study. The researcher applied qualitative methods to collect data, including recording, observing, interviewing, etc., and obtained diverse and rich data regarding learning and teaching process. In addition, student quesionnaires were used and opinions of co-teachers and parents were analyzed to get different angles of verification.
It is hoped through this curriculum, students’ listening comprehension and speaking ability can be enhaced, as well as their confidence and interpersonal abilities can be improved.
The findings of this study were as following:
1. The interesting content of English picture books promoted learners’ motivation.
2. Teaching strategies stimulating cooperative learning strategies facilitated positve interactions among peer learners.
3. In this curriculum, students builded confidence and were able to demonstrate their English listening comprehension and speaking abilities.
4. Teachers should design diversified activities so as to help students aquire more learning experiences.
5. Action research helped teachers continuously examine and reflected their teaching ,and helped promote their professional growth.