Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||A study of relationship between learning engagement and learning confidence of Tamkang University students|
|Authors: ||王家健;Wang, Chia-Chien|
高熏芳;Kao, Hsun-Fung Kitty
|Keywords: ||學習投入;學習信心;高等教育;learning engagement;learning confidence;Higher education|
|Issue Date: ||2011-12-28 17:29:21 (UTC+8)|
|Abstract: ||本研究針對淡江大學學生的「學習投入（Learning Engagement）」與「學習信心（Learning Confidence）」進行調查，藉以了解當前大學生的學習投入與學習信心狀況，以及兩者之關係。「學習投入」指的是學生參與能夠讓自己獲得高層次思考和發展的學校活動之狀況，包含學生參與課業與活動的程度以及與同學、教師、校方的互動，共分為「學術挑戰程度」、「主動與合作學習」、「師生互動」、「支援性的校園環境」、「人際關係」五個面向。「學習信心」指的是「學生對於自己完成學習行為具有多少的把握」，分為「成績學習」、「口語表達」、「出席率」、「準備率」四個面向。|
The purpose of this study is to investigate learning engagement and learning confidence of Tamkamg University students. Through this study, we can understand the circumstances of learning engagement and learning confidence of university students and the relationship between them.
Learning engagement means students participate in school activities which can help them acquire high-level thinking and development , including students attending classes and school activities and the interaction among students, teachers and the institution, which can divide into five dimensions: “Level of academic challenge”, “Active and collaborative learning”, “Student-faculty interaction”, “Supportive campus”, “Interpersonal relationship”.
Learning confidence means how much confidence the students have to their learning behavior, which includes “Grades and Studying”, “Verbalising” , “Attendance”, “ Readiness”.
The research questionnaire, “The questionnaire of Learning Engagement and Learning Confidence of Tamkang University Students”, is adopted from “Student Engagement Questionnaire” developed by NSSE and “Academic behavioral confidence scale” developed by Sander and Sanders. The questionnaire was developed by using Likert scales ranging from 1 to 5 points to measure the agreement degree of the learning outcomes. The questionnaires were sent to 1,014 university students and there were 694 returned with 68.4% of valid rate.
The conclusion of the research were summarized as follows:
1. The average scores of learning engagement and learning confidence are 3.22 and 3.30, which means most of university students agreed that their performance is acceptable. As for their learning engagement, “Student-faculty interaction” is the part which should be improved. And about learning confidence, students’ performance in “Grades and Studying” and “Attendance” is worse than other parts.
2. In the average scores of learning engagement and learning confidence, seniors are higher than the students of other grades. Students from science and engineering colleges have worse performance than students from liberal arts and educational colleges. Besides, participating in the club activities and working part-time also have significantly positive correlation with students’ learning engagement and learning confidence.
3. Tamkang University students’ learning engagement and have significantly positive correlation with learning confidence. Students’ learning confidence can predict their learning engagement.
The following suggestions were made for the future practice and research:
1. Suggestions for Educational practice matters
(1) Suggestions for Tamkang University
(a) To enhance teachers’ teaching skills to promote students’ learning engagement.
(b) To rearrange the framework of curriculum to fit in with students’ demands.
(c) To focus on students’ learning process and to conduct long-term survey to students’ learning engagement.
(d) To enhance learning engagement and learning confidence for freshmen.
(e) To improve students’ attendance, and to use tutorial system to counsel students.
(f) To help clubs’ development, and to encourage students to take part in club activities.
(2) Suggestions for teachers
(a) To design course with students’ demands, and to give more active learning chances to students.
(b) To give students more chances to interact with teachers.
(3) Suggestions for students
(a) To increase learning engagement to promote learning confidence.
(b) To interact with teachers actively.
2. Suggestions for future research
(1) To know students’ learning outcomes in university by investigating their learning engagement and learning confidence.
(2) To investigate the impact factors on students’ learning engagement and learning confidence.
(3) To investigate in more universities and conduct large scale of survey.
(4) To conduct long-term survey to university students’ learning engagement and learning confidence.
|Appears in Collections:||[教育科技學系暨研究所] 學位論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.