|Abstract: ||本研究旨在瞭解淡江大學研究生對於指導教授學術指導職責的期望與實際感受，並就研究生個人基本資料，包含研究生特質和指導教授因素進行差異比較，以提供指導教授學術指導作為以及該校辦理教師專業成長輔導措施改進之參考。學術指導職責包含職涯指導、論文指導、學業指導、生活指導等四個面向。本研究採自編「指導教授學術指導職責之期望與實際作為感知」問卷進行調查，期望與實際感受採李克特式6點量表計分，本問卷的期望整體信度Cronbachα值為.946；實際感受之整體信度Cronbachα值為.959。本研究針對淡江大學99學年度碩博士生，共計發放問卷665份，回收有效問卷496份，有效問卷回收率為75%。 |
The study aims at investigating perception of advisors’ academic advising of Tamkang University graduate students, including career advising, thesis and dissertation advising, course and degree completion advising, and life advising. The study also analyzes the differences in perception of advisors’ academic advising among demographics factors, namely graduate students’ characteristics and advisor factors. The results of the study provide suggestions for the improvement and the future implementation of academic advising for Tamkang University. The research questionnaire was developed with Likert scales ranging from 1 to 6 points to measure the degree of expectation and perception of graduate students toward advisors’ academic advising. The questionnaires were sent to 665 graduate students and there were 496 returned with 75% of valid rate. The reliability of expectation aspect is .946 of Cronbach’s α. and perception aspect .959.
The conclusions of the research are summarized as follows:
1. The average degree of expectation toward academic advising is 4.33, which implies the graduate students of Tamkang University highly expect advisors to actualize academic advising. Among four dimensions, the rankings are listed as follows: (1) thesis/dissertation advising, (2) course and degree completion advising, (3) career advising, and (4) life advising.
2. The average degree of perception toward the performance of academic advising is 3.97, which means the degree of perceived performance of academic advising by graduate students of Tamkang University is high. Among four dimensions, the rankings are listed as follows: (1) thesis/dissertation advising, (2) course and degree completion advising, (3) career advising, and (4) life advising.
3. The degree of expectation of overall academic advising and three dimensions, namely career advising, thesis/dissertation advising, and course and degree completion advising is higher than the perceived performance.
4. In terms of importance-performance analysis, thesis and dissertation advising belongs to high expectation and high perceived performance, which means the perceived academic advising provided by advisors to graduate students of Tamkang University is highly consistent with students’ expectation.
5. Demographics factors including graduate students’ characteristics, namely age, degree, marriage status, children, having faculty as family member, as well as advisor factors, namely gender and ranks of advisor are found statistically significantly different on the degree of expectation toward advisors’ academic advising.
6. Demographics factors including graduate students’ characteristics, namely age, degree, marriage status, children, having faculty as family member, companion status, as well as advisor factors, namely ranks of advisor, are found statistically significantly different on the degree of perceived performance of advisors’ academic advising.
Suggestions are provided as follows.
1.Suggestions for advisors
(1)Keep endeavor of thesis and dissertation advising
(2)Place emphasis on the course and degree completion advising, career advising, and life advising
(3)Take student’s demographics factors into consideration when providing academic advising
2.Suggestions for graduate students
(1)Develop appropriate advisor-advisee relationship
(2)Being acquaint with the whole idea of academic advising and turn to advisors when in need
3.Suggestions for Tamkang University
(1)Construct a website for graduate students and provide related information exclusively
(2)Provide handbook for thesis and dissertation writing
(3)Establish academic advising center to facilitate both advisors and graduate students
4.Suggestions for future research
(1)Expand the scope to gain a comprehensive insight into advisors academic advising
(2)Apply regression analysis to examine the relationship between demographics factors and academic advising
(3)Conduct a survey of advisors and further compare the differences of perception between advisors and graduate students toward academic advising