Items with full text/Total items : 52507/87668 (60%)
Visitors : 9349648
Online Users : 259
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||我國師資培育政策 : 中等教育學程招生問題之探討|
|Other Titles: ||A study on the policies of initial teacher training in Taiwan : an exploration of the problems of student recruitment of initial teacher training at the secondary education level|
|Authors: ||蕭亦佑;Hsiao, Yi-Yu|
|Keywords: ||臺灣;師資培育;師資培育招生;Taiwan;teacher education;Student recruitment for initial teacher training|
|Issue Date: ||2011-12-28 17:21:43 (UTC+8)|
This study, by adopting the methods of document analysis and field interview, aims to explore the problems of student recruitment for initial teacher training at the secondary level in Taiwan, for which a self-designed semi-structured interview schedule was used as the tool.
The main conclusions of this study can be summarized as follows:
1. The system of initial teacher training in Taiwan has transformed to a diversified one since 1994, and the number of students taking initial teacher training has increased greatly as a result of the changes in government’s policies for diversified enrollment.
2. The numbers of students recruited for initial teacher training in each universities should be approved by the Ministry of Education, according to the results of evaluation of the performance of their teacher training centers started from 2005, which, in along with the close down of teacher training centers in some universities voluntarily, have resulted in a sharp decline in the number of students recruiting for initial teacher training in recent decades.
3. Factors affecting the number of students taking initial teacher training education have been various, of them, the rapid expansion of teacher education centers, and the decline of youth population caused by the low fertility rate, as well as the correspondingly declining demand for teachers in schools are the most influential ones.
4. The four universities interviewed as the case study samples in this study, have all faced the difficulties attracting students taking initial training, but their problems of recruiting students in the recent years have been gradually solved.
5. The regulations of selecting students taking initial teacher training programs in these 4 case-study universities will be modified according to the numbers of applicants accordingly.
6. The interviewees of this study have different views about the policies of teacher education in Taiwan, so that they have thereby proposed different suggestions to the future policy reform related.
|Appears in Collections:||[Master's Program, Graduate Institute of Educational Policy and Leadership] Thesis|
Files in This Item:
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.