Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||探討大陸臺商中階主管之文化商數、人格特質、情緒商數與工作績效之關聯性 : 以電子製造業為例|
|Other Titles: ||The relationships among the middle-level managers' cultural intelligence, personality trait, emotional intelligence and job performance of Taiwanese corporation in mainland China : the evidence of electronic manufacturing industry|
|Authors: ||王永鳳;Wang, Yung-Feng|
王居卿;李芸蕙;Wang, Chu-Ching;Lee, Yun-Huei
|Keywords: ||大陸台商;中階主管;文化商數;人格特質;情緒商數;工作績效;Taiwanese Corporation in Mainland China;Middle-level Manager;Cultural Intelligence;Personality Trait;Emotional Intelligence;job performance|
|Issue Date: ||2011-12-28 16:25:21 (UTC+8)|
Based on the China’s 12th five-year plan, Chinese government has significantly improved its investment in inland infrastructure, made rural area urbanized, and reorganized labor distribution. This situation makes Taiwanese corporation in Mainland China in the coast area facing the shortage of workers. However, the rising salary and changing economic structure are making China transforming from world factory to world market, and this change will further give rise to far-reaching influence to the global economy. From international point of view, manufacturing industry may face a comprehensive adjustment. As China gradually rise, the low-cost business model for Taiwanese enterprises come to the bottleneck. Taiwanese corporations in Mainland China desperately require management change, the old model of manufacture in China and export to Europe and U.S. is no longer working. They need to change their original planning and talent training model to win the battle. The engine that drives the enterprise to the future is hold by their middle-level managers. Therefore, the cultural intelligence, personality trait, and emotional intelligence of middle-level manager are useful to predict and influence job performance.
The purpose of this research is to combine the point of view of related scholars to analyze the result of past studies. This research is conducted with literature analysis and questionnaire to discuss the connection between cultural intelligence, personality trait, emotional intelligence and job performance. The target of this research is to discuss the middle-level manager of Taiwanese electronic manufacturing corporation in Mainland China around Kwangtung and Jiangsu. This research recovered 210 valid questionnaires, and used sample characteristic analysis, factor and reliability analysis, description analysis, one-way ANOVA analysis, correlation analysis and regression analysis to test the assumptions. The cultural intelligence, personality trait and emotional intelligence are used as independence variables, while job performance is conducted as dependence variable. The conclusions of this research are as below:
1. Nationality, age, seniority and work function has no influence on variables.
2. Education level has positive influence on openness to experience.
3. Cultural intelligence of Taiwanese corporation in Mainland China has no influence on job performance.
4. Personality Trait - Agreeableness and conscientiousness and openness to experience of Taiwanese corporation in Mainland China has significant positive influence on job performance.
5. Personality Trait - Openness to experience of middle-level managers in Taiwanese Corporation in Mainland China has negative influence on job result.
6. Personality Trait - Emotion Stableness of middle-level managers in Taiwanese Corporation in Mainland China has no significant on job behavior and job result.
7. Emotional Intelligence of middle-level managers in Taiwanese Corporation in Mainland China has significant positive influence on job performance.
The findings suggest that among the four cycles of selecting, training, designating, and retaining, which are commonly applied in human resource management, talent selection is the foundation of the HR management. According to the practical research, we could find that besides the traditional job skills, culture intelligence, critical personality traits, and emotional intelligence could be applied not only to talent selection but also to the basis of training. We concluded that the intense combination of HR management cycle can be the best guarantee for a sustainable business.
|Appears in Collections:||[全球華商經營管理數位學習碩士在職專班] 學位論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.