This study aimed at finding out the current situations of role stress and professional commitments of junior high school counselors in Taipei County.The variables of junior high school counselors were discussed and the results from this study will provide suggestions as references for educational authorities to improve school practice.
The research adopts questionnaire survey. This study is administrated by literature review and discussion to build the research structure. Furthermore, pretest the research tools and analyze it’s results to employ The Questionnaire of Role Stress and Professional Commitments of Junior High School Counselors in Taipei County.Finally, use the questionnaire to collect the instances and data. 312 Questionnaire was randomly conducted to the junior high school counselors of Taipei City . There are 244 copies of questionnaire collected, and 239 as valid. The validity rate is 76.60%. The statistical methodologies in this study include descriptive statistics,independent sample t-test, one-way ANOVA, Bonferroni method, and Pearson Product-Moment Correlation.
Finding of this study were as follows:
1. The role stress for junior high school counselors is medium degree, in which " The role of excessive workload burden", the feelings of the highest.
2. Junior high school counselors generally have a good professional commitments, in which "professional identity" the best performance.
3. Role stresses were significantly different among junior high school counselors of different age, educational levels, educational background, job duties, school sizes and school areas.
4. Professional commitments were significantly different among junior high school counselors of different age, educational levels, educational background and job duties.
5. There is positive correlation between role stress and professional commitments of junior high school counselors.
Suggestions for future studies were made. Educational administrators, school counselor training institutions, as well as educational implications for junior high school counselors were discussed based on the results.