|其它题名: ||A comparative study on the universties entrance systems between Taiwan and China|
|作者: ||吳孟潔;Wu, Meng-chieh|
|关键词: ||臺海兩岸;大學入學制度;比較研究;entrance system;between Taiwan and Mainland China|
|上传时间: ||2010-09-23 14:39:32 (UTC+8)|
The purpose of this research is, by adopting the methods of document analysis, field interview, and comparative studies, to compare the university entrance examination system (including its development, current provision, problems and trends of reform in the future) between Taiwan and mainland China. The main conclusions can be summarized as follows:
1. The university entrance examination systems in both Taiwan and mainland China have been revised constantly in accordance with changes in the two societies. The unified university entrance examination system was established in 1954 in Taiwan, while that in mainland China was firstly set up in 1945, but being terminated during the period of the ‘cultural revolution’, and re-established after 1976.
2.There are the following similarities in the university entrance examination systems between Taiwan and mainland China:
(1) There are diversified routes for students to get access to universities in both societies, but the unified entrance examination system, selecting students according to the results of written examinations, remains to be the most dominant one in both societies.
(2) Both societies have established their own independent organizations responsible for the operation of their university entrance examinations. While the responsible body in Taiwan is a foundation (with the status of corporation), functions independently from the government, that in mainland China is an affiliated center directly under the supervision of the Ministry of Education.
(3) The administration of entrance examination and the selection of students are operated separately in both societies.
(4) The assurance of the transparency, equity, and equality has been the main concerns of the reform of university entrance examination systems in both societies.
(5) The most important problem related to the university entrance examination system in both societies has been the over emphasis on the examination in the school teaching.
(6) The uses of internet network and information technology have become crucial and popular in the allocation of students in both societies.
(7) The university entrance examination systems in both societies have been reformed in accordance with the principle of assuring or promoting academic autonomy in higher education.
3. The following are the differences in the university entrance examination systems between Taiwan and mainland China:
(1)The support of the central government to the independent body responsible for the administration of university entrance examination has been different between Taiwan and mainland China.
(2) The decision–making process and body, in relation to the subjects of university entrance examination have been different in the two societies.
(3) The performance of entrance examination of students and their preference have been the most important criteria while allocating students to universities in Taiwan, but in mainland China, regional distribution of students has also been an important criterion in mainland China.
(4) English is the only foreign language tested in the entrance examination in Taiwan, but in mainland China, French, Spanish, and Japanese etc. can also be tested according to the choice of students.
(5) The use of internet network and information technology in the administrative work of the university entrance examination in mainland China has been more comprehensive and widespread than that in Taiwan. Especially the marking of papers by different examiners has been adopted in mainland China, while that in Taiwan remains the traditional way of marking papers.