Tamkang was first established in 1950 as a
Junior College of English, and there was only
one secretary in this office. Starting December
1969, the office of secretariate was formally
organized, and directly under the President of
the University to handle secretarial affairs.
The office was re-organized in 1995 and
currently has 18 employee.The office is directly under the President of the University,and there is no section within the office.