Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||Social marketing strategies and their effect: a case study of deposing A-Bian movement|
|Authors: ||葉千慧;Yeh, Chien-hui|
韓釗;Han, Charles Chao
|Keywords: ||社會行銷;行銷策略;行銷組合;市場利基;認同;倒扁運動;Social Marketing;Marketing strategy;Marketing Mix;Market Niche;Identification;The Deposing A-BianMovement|
|Issue Date: ||2010-01-11 04:43:17 (UTC+8)|
|Abstract: ||自從1971年Kotler & Zaltman 提出社會行銷的概念後，認為行銷不僅上於運用在商業上，亦可擴展至非營利組織。目前，已有許多公共及非營利組織均以引進社會行銷的方法推廣其倡導的理念。然而，在眾多的社會行銷研究中，卻少有以弘揚理念或價值觀的社會運動為討論主體。因此，本研究即以社會運動如何運用行銷運作模式推廣其理念的過程進行了解，俾作為日後推展社會運動之參考。|
Kotler & Zaltman introduced the concept of social marketing in 1971. Marketing, they believe, can not only be applied in the area of business, but also be extended to the area of managing non-profit organizations. Nowadays, many public and non-profit organizations have used the methods of social marketing to promote their visions. However, few studies of social marketing have discussed the marketing activities of social movement. Therefore, this research intends to explore the process of applying the methods of social marketing to form the strategies for promoting the ideas articulated in the social movement.
This research is a case study of the Deposing A-Bian Movement and focuses on the marketing strategies implemented in this movement. By using market niches, market segmentation and positioning, the strategies of differentiation and marketing mix as the framework, this research discusses how the headquarter of the Deposing A-Bian Movement has enacted and implemented its marketing strategies to attract the attention of the public and motivate people to participate that in turn resulted in idea identification.
There are five major findings in this research:
1. The discontent and resentment toward the political corruption of the government formed the niche of Deposing A-Bian Movement.
2. The differentiation strategy that emphasizes the ideas of love, peace and non-violence has effectively distinguished the movement from many traditional social movements that were characterized by the acts of violence.
3. The use of appropriate marketing mix strategies has effectively brought support and recognition from tens of thousands of participants.
4. The overemphasis of the movement on marketing activities resulted in the loss of focus. As a consequence, many people left the movement when they found their appeal for deposing A-Bian could not be accomplished.
5. The theory of marketing has not discussed the effects of customs and religions on the formation of marketing strategies.
Based on the research findings listed above, the Deposing A-Bian Movement has taken the advantages of market niches and applied marketing mix early in the movement which may lead to the success of attracting numerous participants. However, overemphasizing marketing activities without realizing the appeal of deposing A-Bian simultaneously tended to become the primary cause that led to the unsatisfaction of the participants. Therefore, more and more unsatisfied people left even though the Deposing A-Bian Movement brought out more marketing activities later on. Moreover, the research also found customs and religions had played an important role in the process of formulating marketing strategies. Since this phenomenon has never been mentioned in previous studies, it may be a good subject for doing research in the future.
|Appears in Collections:||[公共行政學系暨研究所] 學位論文|
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.