Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||Action research on effects of reciprocal teaching on reading comprehension for middle-grade elementary school students|
|Authors: ||劉素娟;Liu, Su-chuan|
|Keywords: ||相互教學法;閱讀理解;閱讀理解策略;行動研究;reciprocal teaching;Reading Comprehension;reading comprehension strategies;Action Research|
|Issue Date: ||2010-01-11 00:36:01 (UTC+8)|
“Reading” is not only the foundation of all learning approaches, but also an important ability that needed to be have to face the future. This study is adopted the action research method with taking middle-grade elementary students in the elementary school that the researcher served as the research object. In addition, it is attempted to make use of integrating reciprocal teaching with Chinese teaching to explore effects of implementing the reciprocal teaching strategy on improvement of reading comprehension; to analyze the learning process and result of the interaction between teachers and students in the process of conducting the reciprocal teaching; and to understand the difficulties and introspection that teachers would be encountered in the process of action. Therefore, though the circulating process of action, observation, introspection and correction, it is expected to make a more in-depth understanding of the problems that occurred in reading comprehension for middle-grade elementary students.
This study has collected data by making use of observation, interview, teachers’ introspection note, teaching video, and document analysis, and then conducted arrangement, induction and analysis on those collected data. Results of this study may be summarized as follows:
1. After implemented the reciprocal teaching, students’ performance of making use of reading comprehension strategy will be not only skilled but also improved along with the increase of practice frequencies. Thus, it is indicated that the implementation of reciprocal teaching will improve students’ performance of reading comprehension.
2. Reciprocal teaching has showed a significant efficiency on improving the reading comprehension for middle-grade elementary students.
3. Most students have positive attitude toward the reciprocal teaching approach, and expressed that they liked the way of reciprocal discussion. In addition, they thought that they may have more opportunities of participation and demonstration, and approved that the reciprocal teaching will also improve their reading performance.
4. As for these 4 strategies: “forecast”, “clarification”, “questioning” and “summarization”, students thought that the strategy of “summarization” is the most difficult and “questioning” is the most easy to use.
5. By making use of integrating the peer assessment with reciprocal teaching, it may be able to encourage learners to conduct the self-examine and corrective activities to improve the level of their thoughts and learning achievement.
6. Continuously made self-examination and correction within teaching process and students’ learning performance in order to improve the defect in the teaching of reading guidance and further to advance teaching development for teachers.
|Appears in Collections:||[教育科技學系暨研究所] 學位論文|
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.