Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||An action study of picture books instruction integrated into augmentative composition|
|Authors: ||盧玫伃;Lu, Mei-yu|
|Keywords: ||繪本教學;擴寫作文;行動研究;Picture books instruction;Augmentative composition;Action study|
|Issue Date: ||2010-01-11 00:28:55 (UTC+8)|
Recently, due to the popularity of the Internet and the rise of “Martian words”, when junior high school students writing, they not only feel strong antipathetic but also misuse words in the contexts frequently. The Chinese composition test, however, will be resumed at the Basic Competence Test of the 96th academic year. With the concern of poor writing skills of most junior high school students, this research meets the need of the current trend.
This research aims at the facilitation and effects in writing skills and interests which are brought from picture books instruction integrated into augmentative composition of the seventh grade junior high school students. Also, the researcher employs the action research, two lessons per week in seven weeks, and focused on thirty-nine students of the 11th class 7th grade Jheng De Junior High School of Taipei County, who the researcher served as a teacher. The research results are assisted with qualitative and quantitative analyses. In qualitative analyses, researcher collected the assistant teachers’ and learners’ data through recording, questionnaires, worksheets and composition practice and interviews. In quantitative analyses, researcher gathered score statistics of six-time composition practice and designed a general questionnaire in order for a better understanding of the differences between before and after of storybooks teaching.
The objectives of this research are as follows:
1. Designing and developing a good storybooks teaching program for fitting the seventh grade learners in junior high school.
2. Observing the writing skills influences of picture books instruction integrated into augmentative composition for the seventh grade learners in junior high school.
3. Investigating the difficulties and the corresponding strategies from the implementation of picture books instruction integrated into augmentative composition in the seventh grade classroom of junior high school.
4. Providing the school teachers with the reference in augmentative composition
teaching practice researches.
Based on the research results, this study has two conclusions:
1. The reading performance: Storybooks help the learners to grasp the skills of reading, distinguish the rhetorical wording, raise the interest of reading, and change the attitudes.
2. The writing performance: Storybooks increase the learners’ intelligence to use rhetoric and raise the interest and capability of writing.
According to the results above, the researcher’s suggestions are as below:
1. The administration and teaching should cooperate with each other.
2. The implementer of this method should own his/her class.
3. The choices of the storybooks topics should be diverse.
4. The activities of storybooks teachings can incorporate with role playing or games.
5. The impending storybooks teaching can combine other limitary writing topics.
6. Planning the setup of the blog and website is better.
7. The teaching effects can be elevated with the help of assistant teachers.
|Appears in Collections:||[教育科技學系暨研究所] 學位論文|
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.