The study is adopted questionnaire method with “Questionnaire of Work Pressure and Job Satisfaction for the Public and Private Junior High School Teachers in Taipei City” as the tool, and using stratified random cluster sampling to focus the public and private junior high school teachers in Taipei City as the object in order to understand their current situations for both work pressure and job satisfaction. In addition, by using statistics analysis, to investigate teachers’ awareness with different backgrounds of the differences between work pressure and job satisfaction and to analyze the relationships between the two. After statistically analyzing the collected data from investigation according to study results, we sums up the following conclusions:
1. The public and private Junior High School teachers in Taipei City feel medium level of work pressure and among which the pressure of “workload” is the biggest while the work pressure of “interaction between people” is the smallest.
2. The public and private Junior High School teachers in Taipei City feel above medium level of job satisfaction and among which the satisfaction of “interaction between people” is higher while the satisfaction of “administrative leadership” is the lowest.
3. The parts of background differences on the work pressure for the public and private Junior High School teachers in Taipei City are achieving significant standards.
On “overall work pressure”, except the 5 background variables of “age”, “job salary”, “holding post”, ”teaching grade”, and “school attribute” are reaching significant differences, and the rest are shown no significant differences. In respective levels’ differences of “work pressure” changing due of different variables, sex, graduated majors, marital status and school scales are all with no significant differences.
4. The parts of background differences on the job satisfaction for the public and private Junior High School teachers in Taipei City are achieving significant standards.
On “overall job satisfaction”, except 8 background variables of “sex”, “highest degrees”, “marital status”, ”job salary”, “holding posts”, ”teaching grades”, “school attribute”, and “school scales” are reaching significant differences, and the rest are shown no significant differences. In respective levels’ differences of “job satisfaction”, except variables such as age, graduated major, years on the post, and specialized advance study, all are with partial differences.
5. The work pressure and job satisfaction for the public and private Junior High School teachers in Taipei City on the overall levels are shown lowly negative correlation; while on each respective level is shown low or medium negativity correlation.
6. The work pressure and job satisfaction between the public and private Junior High School teachers are with significant differences.
As for work pressure, on the four levels of “workload”, ”interaction between people”, “student discipline”, and “specialized know-how”, the public school teachers are greater than private ones; but on the work pressure level of “administrative cooperation”, private school teachers are greater than the public ones.
As for job satisfaction, on the four levels of “administrative leadership”, ”interaction between people”, ”salary promotion”, and “job itself”, private school teacher are greater than the public ones.