The study investigates the relationship of interaction between novice female junior high school principals and Parent-Teacher Association (PTA). It approaches the subject gradually by way of interview, adopts qualitative research method, visits novice female principals of 3 scale of schools: large-scaled, medium, small junior high school as well as its’ PTA. According to interview process, the study attempts to summary the analysis of interview content, interprets the self-cognition of PTA, interaction difference in different gender of principals as well as description of actual interaction experience and so on questions by the research. Finally, conclusions and suggestions are made in order to provide reference for future study.
According to research purposes and interview content, the study analyzes the relationship of interaction between novice female junior high school principals and PTA. For novice female junior high school principals, there are 4 recognitions as below:
1. The position of PTA in school is the role of support and partner.
2. Parents do not have enough capacity to participate school activities and have to enhance the degree of participation.
3. Gender does not make obvious influence for interaction between principals and PTA.
4. It has positive effect for female characteristics in communication with PTA .
There are also 4 recognitions for PTA as below:
1. PTA is the role of assistance and supervision in school activities.
2. The situation of participating school activities for parents has to be improved.
3. Gender is not critical point for PTA to evaluate principals.
4. PTA can make up for female principals in insufficiency of social skill.
Conclusions of the study are as below:
1. The influence is limited for the size of school to interaction between novice female principals and PTA .
2. It has to be improved to participate school activities for PTA that belongs to different scale of schools.
3. It is different for PTA and novice female principals to annotate the role of PTA.
4. PTA does not judge female principals by gender; it depends on professional competence and personal characteristics good for interaction.
5. Respect is good for interaction and it can bring the growth of organizational learning.
6. Communication of views, participation, resource-sharing, cooperation and service-learning are the main ways of interaction.
7. There are 3 types of interaction: harmonious type, positive type and conservative type.
Finally, suggestions are made for educational administration, school administration, novice female principals, Parent-Teacher Association and future research for reference.