Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||A case study of the curriculum, instruction and students' performance of one independent mid-school in Taipei county|
|Authors: ||鍾滿振;Chung, Man-chen|
|Keywords: ||中輟;中途學校;選替教育;dropout;mid-school;Alternative education|
|Issue Date: ||2010-01-11 00:12:54 (UTC+8)|
This case study discussed the curriculum, and the instructional methods of one independent placement mid-school, used to improve the schoolwork of the dropout female teenagers who violated Legal Protection on Sexual Transaction. The four purposes of the thesis are as follows,
1. to understand the background and the process of the curriculum design.
2. to know the teaching methods as well as the materials that the teachers chose to teach those dropouts.
3. to examine the performance of those dropouts’ schoolwork in the mid-school.
4. to draw conclusions based on the investigations of the study and to offer some suggestions for future research on similar topics..
The data collection of this case study is mainly from interviews with related people, and also parts of it from observation on the dropouts and from some document analysis. Here are the conclusions of this study:
1. The independent mid-school is the final protective shelter for these dropouts.
2. The curriculum of the independent mid-school is student-centered.
3. The curriculum of the independent mid-school provides dropouts basic education, counseling, and vocational training.
4. The independent mid-school faces the predicaments of the students’ changeable characters, the lack of professional teachers, the appropriateness of the
curriculum programs and the suitableness of the teaching materials.
5. Students’ obtainment of achievement and feelings of confidence are the two major goals of the independent mid-school.
6. The independent mid-school adopts pen-and-paper testing, real evaluation and hands-on evaluation.
7. Helping students establish self-actualization, self-assurance and self-preciousness is the important principle of the independent mid-school.
8. The most important index of a successful teaching in the independent mid-school is whether the teachers help students build up correct learning habits or not.
9. Although at the very beginning of the students’ settlement the conditions were not good, but at the end of the programs the progress of the students’ performance still won out.
Finally, suggestions based on the conclusions will be given to the law and regulation making, the management of manpower and supporting, the organization and the management of the independent mid-school, the designing of curriculum and teaching, the placement and the protection of the dropouts, the functions and the effectiveness of the independent mid-school and also for the further research.
|Appears in Collections:||[教育政策與領導研究所] 學位論文|
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.