Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||The study of total defense mobilization system of the ROC|
|Authors: ||謝雲龍;Hsieh, Yun-lung|
黃介正;Huang, Alexander Chieh-cheng
|Keywords: ||動員;動員制度;全民防衛;全民防衛動員;全民防衛動員制度;mobilization;mobilization system;total defense;total defense mobilization system(TDMS)|
|Issue Date: ||2010-01-10 23:41:20 (UTC+8)|
The purposes of this study are as follows：1.To study and analyze the academic theories of mobilization and its system. 2.To assemble and categorize the contents of the〝Total Defense Mobilization System〞(TDMS) after the System has been legalized. 3.To analyze and estimate the problems on the TDMS in each section, and to raise feasible recommendations for TDMS’future development and advanced programs.
In order to reach the purposes above-mentioned, this study is based on〝Total War Theory〞by Eric Ludendoff , and refers to〝War Mobilization Study Procedural〞by Tzu-yung Wu, other domestic related writings by Chih-heng Yang, Yu-chieh Han and so on. Using methods of literature analysis, case studies and deep interviews to explore TDMS, the main contents of this study are as follows：
1. What are the concepts and inclusions of mobilization？What is the academic basis of
mobilization system？According to such baseline, mobilization system of USA, Swiss,
Isra, PRC are investigated.
2. What are the historical developments of mobilization system in our country？What are the definitions and contents of TDMS？What are the differences between total defense and total defense mobilization？
3. What are the characteristics and deficiencies of prevailing TDMS？What are the challenges it faces？What is TDMS’future direction？
Accordiing to the prediscribed explorations, this study collects conclusions as follows：
1. War can not depart from mobilization. Mobilization capacity is the premise and basis of war.
Mobilization not only impacts the procedures and results of war vitally but also presents a country''s deterrent force. Nevertheless, the threatening origins to national security come diversely. The goal of mobilization is not merely to prepare for and win the war, furthermore, to protect infrustructures and maintain territorial security. Therefore, the function of mobilization of major nations in the world has been developed into both accepting battle and emergency response from sole accepting battle. In other words, the mobilization system is not only an assurance for national security but also a guarantee for internal stability in case of emergency.
2. The phrase〝Total Defense Mobilization〞(TDM), is an exclusive creation of our country. TDM shows mainly that our mobilization system is a passive and defensive mobilization, not an aggressive mobilization. TDM combines the war strategic ideas and instructions of effective deterrence and defensive guard. So, it employs a type of strategical defense mobilization by executing mainly public mobilization. According to the properties of contents, TDM is devided into two parts－administrative mobilization and military mobilization.
3. After related model assessment of TDMS by employing organization analysis as well as policy evaluation, this study found that the direction of policy is suitabal. However, the related regulations,structures and systematical performance have still left some rooms for making advances, especially in the performance section. Furtherrmore, there are two points should be considered for TDMS’future development. One is the outer factor, including future development of war types and force threats from China Communist. The other is internal factor, that is the non-conventional security threat. In other Words, adjustment on the relations between independent and dependent variable items is needed.
|Appears in Collections:||[國際事務與戰略研究所] 學位論文|
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.