The study, using the perspective of school marketing management, explores how a new high school promoted school marketing, including the preparation work of the school marketing strategy, its external, internal and interactive marketing strategies, its plight and how the school coped with it in the fiercely competitive education market with limited resources .
The research methods included interviews with a principal, 3 directors, 3 teachers, 6 students and 2 parents. Document analysis and field observation were also used. It was found that the school marketing promotion could be more efficient if the school could make good use of “planning, execution and control” procedure of marketing management.
The research conclusions are listed below:
1. The case school did the preparation work of its marketing strategy by analyzing its situation, establishing its marketing objective, conducting market segmentation, selecting the target market and positioning itself.
2. The external, internal and interactive marketing strategies were used by the case school, and 4P strategies were used for the external marketing.
（1）The product strategy was featured with the bilingual education and providing high quality teachers, equipment and special courses.
（2）The price strategy emphasized “charge at the rate of public schools and provide teaching quality of private schools” and free holiday courses.
（3）The channel strategy provided students with software and hardware convenient to use; “strategic alliance” sharing resources for common good.
（4）The promotion strategy took a multifaceted approach to improve its image.
3. The internal marketing strategy of the case school was to select prominent teachers and administrative staff and improve their professional knowledge and skills.
4. The case school interacted with parents and the community positively and built reputation using the interactive marketing strategy, internal and external marketing strategies that complemented each other.
5. The internal and external environment factors caused hardship for the case school.
6. The case school used marketing control to get out of the marketing dilemma.