Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||A study on the higher education quality assurance system in the United Kingdom|
|Authors: ||夏慧蓉;Hsia, Hui-Jung|
|Keywords: ||英國;高等教育;品質保證;教學卓越架構;研究卓越架構;英國脫歐;United Kingdom;Higher education;Quality Assurance System;Teaching Excellence Framework;Research Excellence Framework;Brexit|
|Issue Date: ||2017-08-24 23:58:19 (UTC+8)|
By adopting the methods of document analysis and case study, this study aims firstly to analyze the higher education quality assurance system in the United kingdom as a whole, and then to compare the similarities and differences among her four countries, e.g., England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
The main purposes of this study include:
1. To analyze the important reforms of higher education quality assurance system in the United Kingdom overally.
2.To explore the newest reforms of quality assurance system in the United Kingdom, the implementation and outcomes of teaching and research assessments, as well as the uniqueness of its operation in her four different countries, i.e. England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
3. To analyze the relation of the British higher education quality assurance system to that promoted by the EU or ENQA in the European Higher Education Area.
4. To propose suggestions, based on the major findings, useful for the improvement or reform of higher education quality assurance in Taiwan in the future.
The conclusions of this study can be summarized as follows:
1. The Higher education quality assurance system in the United Kingdom changes in accordance with the reforms of her higher education system.
2. The teaching assessment and research assessment in the United Kingdom have been operated by the QAA and REF, respectively, and formed as the basis of her famous QA system..
3. The teaching assessment in the UK had been implemented at the institutional level mainly after 2005, and the four countries of the UK had retained their own unique systems, but the REF, introduced in 2014 to replace the previous RAE, has been adopted as the main research assessment system in the UK .
4. The newly introduced TEF in 2016 would possibly extend the teaching assessment to the subject level, as designed in the 2016 White Paper by the BIS.
5. The new TEF was designed to be applicable to the UK as a whole, but the result of the Brexit, which has brought about the announcement of the Scottish government for the vote for independence and the consideration of the re-unification of Northern Ireland with the Irish Republic, .
6. The Brexit has resulted in the leave of the UK from the European Union, but would her quality assurance system remains in accordance with the rules of the EU or the ENQA, seems to be uncertain in the future.
|Appears in Collections:||[Master's Program, Graduate Institute of Educational Policy and Leadership] Thesis|
Files in This Item:
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.