This study mainly aims, via adopting the methodas of queastionnaire survey and literature, to explore the routes of enrollment of students in physical education department in universities, and to analyze their problems related to learning.
The main purposes of this study include:
1. To review the development of the admission system of universities in Taiwan.
2.To explore the paths of enrollment of students in physical education department in unversities.
3. To explore the learning attitude of students in physical education department in unversities.
4.To analysis the differencess in students’ learning attitude with different backgrounds.
5. To propose suggestions useful for the improvement of related policies in the future.
The questionnaire survey was conducted through the stratified random sampling method. In total, 310 students in the department of physical education in Taiwan were chosen as the samples of the survey, 292 valid questionnaires (about 94% response rate) were analyzed
The main conclusions of this study can be summarized as followas:
1.The admission system of universities in Taiwan has been diversified and simplified.
2. On the whole, students’ learning attitude are moderately positive, and the dimension of “teachers’ character” received the highest feedback.
3. On the whole, there are significant differences in the students’s learning attitudes in terms of their gender, the universities they are studying, the region of home residence, parents’ education and occupations, and the types of high schools they graduated, etc.
4. On the whole, there are no significant differences in the students’s learning attitudes in terms oftheir family economic situations, the awards they won while studying in universities, and whether having scholarships.
5.There are signifignicant differences in some individual variables, with regard to students’learning attitude.