Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||An action research of developing international education project at a junior high school|
|Authors: ||陳映如;Chen, Ying-Ru|
|Keywords: ||國際教育;行動研究;International Education;Action Reasearch|
|Issue Date: ||2016-01-22 14:46:19 (UTC+8)|
|Abstract: ||本研究旨在透過行動研究中三次循環教學實施：「台灣共同的驕傲」、「My City and Me-Let’s Talk English with GLEE」、「Discovering Culture Differences」，分別探討教師在規劃與實施國中階段之國際教育課程方案的歷程，分析學生在實施的過程中的學習情形與研究者在所遭遇到的問題和解決策略，以及深究研究者於發展實施其方案所獲得的專業成長。本研究結論如下：|
This research paper follows the ‘action research’ paradigm through three cycles: “The Shared Pride of Taiwan”, “My City and Me – Let’s Speak English with GLEE”, “Discovering Culture Differences”. The instructor’s experiences designing and executing these lessons, and the process followed through these steps are described and detailed. The students’ attitudes and behaviors during the lessons is also described and analyzed along with accounts of the difficulties encountered by the researcher, and the strategies used to overcome challenges. Furthermore, the enhanced experience, and professional growth experienced by the researcher throughout these projects is also discussed. The research findings include the following key points:
1. Integrating the curriculum with international perspectives encourages students to want to explore the world.
2. Working together in small groups is essential for students to accept the topic of ‘global perspectives’.
3. The instructor was able to overcome every challenge that arose.
4. The instructor’s abilities relating to ‘international education’ were greatly enhanced through designing, and implementing these lesson plans.
In accordance with the findings of this study, for the benefit of future researchers, curriculum specialists, school officials or scholars who may take interest in this topic, the following suggestions are offered for consideration:
Suggestions for Teachers:
1. Make use of multi-cultural materials, and integrate them into the main curriculum.
2. Subvert the traditional images usually presented in class, and allow students time to fully engage in differently structured activities.
3. Teachers must constantly engage in continuous self-improvement, and keep up with the times.
Suggestions for Schools:
1. Establish a learning community for teachers who want to enhance their international education professional development, teachers from various departments can offer each other helpful suggestions and advice.
2. Search tirelessly for international exchange partners, and enhance the students’ experience with international exchanges.
3. Multiculturalism nurtures the seed students of international education.
Suggestions for Future Research:
1. Find different groups of students with whom to carry out this type of research.
2. For a more enhanced understanding of international education, other research approaches, aside from action research, should also be considered.
|Appears in Collections:||[課程與教學研究所] 學位論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.