Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||A study on students’ satisfaction towards the school library after the reconstruction of library in elementary schools of New Taipei City|
|Authors: ||宋永哲;Sung, Yung-Che|
|Keywords: ||新北市;國民小學;國小圖書館改造計畫;學生滿意度;New Taipei City;Elementary Schools;elementary school library reconstruction project;student's satisfaction|
|Issue Date: ||2016-01-22 14:44:37 (UTC+8)|
This study mainly aims, via adopting the methods of questionnaire survey and literature review, to explore the satisfaction of students towards the school library after the reconstruction of school library in elementary schools of New Taipei City.
The main purposes of this study include:
1.To understand the use of school library of students in elementary schools after the reconstruction of the library in New Taipei City.
2.To explore the degree of satisfaction of students towards the school library after the reconstruction of the library in New Taipei City.
3. To analyze the similarities and differences in the satisfaction of students, with different backgrounds, towards the school library.
4.To propose useful suggestions, based upon the findings of this study, to the related administrative bodies, as well as schools and teachers, etc. for the future reform of the policies, and for the improvement of effectiveness of library services or management.
A self-designed questionnaire was used as the tool of this study. By using stratified random sampling, a total of 20 schools with 462 students were selected as survey samples, and, with a response rate of 80.3%, 391 valid questionnaires were collected and analyzed.
The conclusions of this study can be summarized as follows:
1. “The 4-year’s project of the library reconstruction of schools” in New Taipei City was introduced in the beginning as an experimental project in selected schools, and it has been implemented formally and widespreadly since 2012, with a policy focusing on annual funding for the reconstruction of the school library on the competitive basis.
2. All the respondents of this study have used the school library, and the main reasons for them to go to library are “to borrow or return books”.
3. Students were most satisfied with the “overall evaluation” towards the school library, according to the analysis of a combination of different indicators, but it was found that the “inadequate collection of books and service of librarians” were the most dissatisfied response of students.
4. There is no gender difference on students’ satisfaction towards the school library, but significant differences on students’ satisfaction towards the school library were found between different grades, the size of schools, and the location of schools.
5. Students’ satisfaction towards the school library reveals significant positive correlations in terms of all indicators or dimensions measured in this study.
6.The major suggestion of students towards the school library is “to broaden and enrich the collection of books”.
|Appears in Collections:||[教育政策與領導研究所] 學位論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in 機構典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.