|題名: ||數位遊戲式學習對國小四年級學生閱讀理解能力之影響 : 以PIRLS文章與試題為例|
|其他題名: ||The effect of digital game-based learning on fourth grade students' reading comprehension|
|作者: ||黃玉幸;Huang, Yu-Hsing|
|關鍵詞: ||數位遊戲式學習;閱讀理解能力;PIRLS文章與試題;digital game-based learning;Reading Comprehension;PIRLS text and item|
|上傳時間: ||2015-05-04 09:20:10 (UTC+8)|
|摘要: ||本研究目的在探討數位遊戲式學習對國小四年級學童閱讀理解能力的影響。本研究採不等組前後測的準實驗設計，以新北市國小四年級兩班學生共計60 人為對象；實驗組接受數位遊戲式學習，控制組採傳統式教學，兩組皆實施解答說明影片，教學實驗共進行六週，每週1.5節，每節40分鐘 ，每週共計60分鐘。|
實驗過程採用「PIRLS 2006文章與試題」做為閱讀理解能力前、後測的工具，資料分析以單因子共變數分析比較兩組學童在「故事體」和「說明文」閱讀理解能力學習成效；以多變量變異數分析了解學童在不同教學法下「故事體」和「說明文」 在PIRLS「直接理解歷程」和「詮釋理解歷程」之學習表現，研究結果如下：
The present study aims at discussing the effects of digital game-based learning on the reading comprehension of fourth grade students in elementary school. The research adopted a quasi-experimental nonequivalent pretest-posttest design, taking 60 students from two classes in fourth grade of an elementary school in New Taipei City as subjects of investigation. Digital game-based teaching was conducted in the experimental group and traditional teaching in the control group. Explanation videos for answers were played in both groups. The teaching experiment was conducted for six weeks, with 1.5 sessions of 40 minutes weekly, thus accounting for total of 60 minute sessions each week.
The experiment process adopted the “PIRLS 2006 Text and Item” as a tool to determine pre-test and post-test reading comprehension. ANCOVA was utilized for data analysis in order to compare the learning effects on two groups of students in reading comprehension concerning “literary reading” and “informational reading”. Multivariate analysis of variance was utilized to understand student learning performance in terms of “literary reading” and “informational reading” with different teaching methods in the processes of reading comprehension for two categories: (1) retrieving and straightforward inferencing and (2) interpreting, integrating, and evaluating. The results are as follows:
1. Students in the control group performed significantly better than the experimental group in “literary reading”.
2. No significant differences were found in the performance of “informational reading” between two groups of students, however the learning performance of the experimental group was better than the control group.
3. In literary reading, no significant differences were discovered in the “comprehension process of retrieving and straightforward inferencing” after the experimental teaching, but the control group performed significantly better in the “comprehension process of interpreting, integrating, and evaluating” than the experimental group.
4. In informational reading, the experimental group performed significantly better in the “comprehension process of retrieving and straightforward inferencing” than the control group, however there were no significant differences discovered in the “comprehension process of interpreting, integrating, and evaluating” between the two groups.
5. The research learned through interviews with the students that the explanation videos for answers were helpful for them to understand PIRLS’s reading test question types and had helped them to improve reading comprehension. The digital game utilized in the experiment was also attractive to elementary school students in fourth grade, which may serve as a self-learning tool for reading tests.
Finally, according to the main findings and conclusions of the experiment, researcher offers recommendations for elementary school teachers, educational administration and the future research.